The 7 Day Exam Plan
What is THE 7 Day Exam Plan?
- The Plan is designed to help students achieve improved results in any set of exams whether it be for School, College or University.
- Students can use The Plan to:
- Quickly and easily learn a few of the top exam preparation and performance techniques used by James and other top performing students
- Build these techniques into their own daily schedule and overall approach to exams
How is The Plan delivered?
- For 7 days you receive a mix of audio and written content via email.
- The audio and written formats allow for learning at speed and on the move so students can complete The 7 Day Exam Plan alongside their current studies.
- Each day consists of about 45 minutes of audio and written content.
How to complete it?
- Students can complete The 7 Day Exam Plan at their own pace but are encouraged to complete each day's worth of content as and when it is delivered.
- At the end of The 7 Day Exam Plan a student will have planned and organised their study schedule.
- They will also know which revision techniques to use as well as having some solid routines to ensure consistency of study sessions and strong performance on exam day.
Why does it work?
The Plan takes into account the true challenges students face when studying for exams
It provides solutions to some of the biggest sticking points for students. For example, motivation to study, procrastination, peer pressure, exam stress and smart phone management.
The Plan is heavily based on the building of good routines
Routines and good habits allow students to follow through on their studies, at the end of The 7 Day Exam Plan you'll know exactly what you need to do each day, all that's left for you to do is to stick to the schedule laid out for you.
It's realistic in its expectations of students
Hard work is important. But The 7 Day Exam Plan also acknowledges students can't spend all their time studying. Therefore, we look at exams from a holistic point of view - making sure you get enough exercise, manage your friendships during exam time and monitor what you eat and drink.
WHAT DOES THE 7 DAY EXAM PLAN CONTAIN?
WHY I created the plan
- "It's the thing I wish I'd had available to me when I was taking my exams" - James Davey
- It gives you the core study skills and exam technique which can be applied to any set of exams.
HOW to complete the plan
- Quickly, easily and on the move!
- The plan consists of audio recordings and short worksheets so you can digest what you need to quickly alongside your studies.
DAY 1: Planning - The Exam Coach Way
- Today you'll breakdown everything you need to know and distribute it over the time you have left until your exams in order to make the learning process manageable and achievable. You will also get clear on what results you want and how you're going to build a daily routine which is suited to your natural strengths so that you may achieve them.
DAY 2: Finding Motivation
- You'll learn to set up your environment so that you can draw motivation from it instead of be distracted by it. You will also but the Procrastination Prevention Programme to work and use your Smartphone as a force for good in terms of your exam goals.
DAY 3: Setting Yourself Up To Win
- Students often don't achieve the results they could potentially attain because they don't have the right tools to get the work done. Today we'll quickly gather together the key resources you need in order to learn the information you're going to be tested on. The work has been done for you. Message and email templates have been written out for you to drop your subjects into so that you can begin requesting the tools you need from your teachers and lecturers. Asking questions in the upfront saves you time and effort later down the line.
DAY 4: Revising Like An A-Towner!
- Some of Day 4 Available Here - Check it out!
- Password: learnonthemove
- Too many students are overwhelmed by not knowing which study skills and techniques to use. Often they spend more time figuring out how to study effectively as opposed to actually studying! The Exam Coach Way recommends only three, each takes into account different ways of studying and each is intended to be as simple, fast and effective as possible.
DAY 5: Becoming An Elite Exam Taker
- Today is about viewing your exams on a totally different level. It's about treating them like a high performance sport. We focus on the small margins you can be in control of which will give you the edge on exam day. Things like your sleep, what you eat and drink and how you're managing your social relationships all impact exam performance. Therefore, implementing techniques which help you keep them all in check and only having a positive contribution to your final exam performance is crucial.
DAY 6: The Perfect Pre Exam Routine
- Some of Day 6 Available Here - Check it out!
- Password: nostress123
- Routines build consistency. Over days 6 and 7, you're going to develop a solid set of routines to be used before, after and whilst you're taking exams. This is how you're going to ensure consistently high performance each and every time you take an exam.
DAY 7: What To Do On Exam Day. Step By Step.
- Too many students take the risk of not having a solid exam routine. Often, they have put in all the hard work in the lead up to exam day, but for reasons such as pre exam nerves, difficulty concentrating or just forgetting the basics of exam technique they do not achieve the results they know they're capable of. Having a step by step exam routine is the solve here.
INTERESTED AND WANT TO KNOW MORE? ENTER YOUR DETAILS BELOW. 👍
The information collected below is for internal company usage only, we just want to know how we can best help you with your exams this year and then have a number or an email to reach out to in order to provide you with some helpful solutions.
Key EXAM COACH Terminology - TUNE INTO 👻SNAPCHAT👻 FOR MORE
A Town = the end goal. It’s where you’re headed, what you’re working towards. It’s that top grade. Whether it’s a letter or a number you’re trying to hit. A Town is that.
The Road To A Town = this is the journey, the graft, the hustle. It’s a long and winding road, with speed bumps, pot holes and unexpected turns. But you have to stay the course and persevere…That’s what separates an A Towner from everyone else. A Towners go the distance and do things other students are simply not willing to do in order to get the grades. Deeds not words.
Cruising Speed = that feeling you get when everything is going to plan and you’re getting stuff done. It’s that power hour at the desk, a well executed daily routine, a cracking week and so on…
Brain Fuel = the foods we need to help us perform and think at our highest level.
Liquid Thinking = water isn’t just water. It’s liquid thinking. Keep topped up and hydrated to sustain optimum performance.
🚌 Knows (say Coach knows) = it’s my way of saying I’ve been there and done it. I wouldn’t be telling you all of this stuff or writing this The 7 Day Exam Plan unless I had 100% confidence that it helps and improves student exam performance. All the things I recommend I’ve done myself, I don’t talk about what I don’t know, only what I do know. So, yeah, 🚌Knows. 😉
Power Sesh = a good revision session. It could be any length of time. Regardless the information is sinking in and staying there and you’re excited to get stuck into the next sesh.
20 Minute Stress Reliever = exercise. You need to get this done daily in order to relieve and lower stress. It’s as simple as that. You don’t need to go running marathons everyday, but you do need to get a quick 20 minutes in daily.