The 7 Day Exam PlaN
The 7 Day Exam Plan helps students achieve top results in their exams. It's the resource I wish had been available to me when I was taking my exams.
- Learn the key daily routines and mindsets necessary for exam success.
- Learn a few of the most effective and efficient exam study techniques used by The Exam Coach and other top performing students who lead a balanced lifestyle.
- Develop strong exam technique to assist accurate factual recall and clear thinking in pressurised exam situations.
Who is it for?
- It works best for students between the ages of 13-18 sitting exams in order to gain entry to the next stage of their education, for example: University, College, an apprenticeship or work experience.
- In particular, the plan helps students with the following:
- Motivation to study
- Distraction and procrastination
- Study routine and timetabling
- Revision and memorisation technique
- Understanding tricky concepts
- Exam stress management
- Exam technique (completing exam papers accurately, within the time allotted)
How is The Plan delivered?
- Once you purchase your 7 Day Exam Plan we send you a personal questionnaire to complete. Please return this as soon as you can. Your answers will help inform the text and follow up support you receive (more on that later).
- For the following 7 days you will receive one email a day containing the learning materials.
- The learning materials consist of audio and written content. This combination allows for learning at speed and on the move so you can complete The 7 Day Exam Plan alongside your current studies and commitments.
- Each day contains of about 45 minutes of content and follow up exercises.
- After the 7 days are up and you complete the plan, you'll receive 2 weeks of follow up support via text, voice note or video calls. We can discuss what messenger works best for you. We're flexible!
Why does it work?
The Plan takes into account the true challenges students face when studying for exams
It provides solutions to some of the biggest sticking points for students. For example, motivation to study, procrastination, peer pressure, exam stress and smartphone management.
The Plan is heavily based on the building of good routines
Routines and good habits allow students to build consistency and momentum with their studies. At the end of The 7 Day Exam Plan you'll know exactly what you need to do each day, all that's left for you to do is to stick to the schedule laid out for you.
2 weeks of follow up support
- If you have difficulty holding yourself accountable and sticking to what you've learned in The 7 Day Exam Plan, that's ok! That's why we offer 2 weeks of support via WhatsApp or a messaging service of your choice after you've completed the plan. We're here to keep you on track and accountable.
It's realistic in its expectations of students
Hard work is important. But The 7 Day Exam Plan also acknowledges students can't spend all their time studying. Therefore, we look at exams from a holistic point of view - making sure you get enough exercise, manage your friendships during exam time and monitor what you eat and drink.
How to complete it?
Students can complete The 7 Day Exam Plan at their own pace but are encouraged to complete each day's worth of content as and when it is delivered.
When Should I Buy The Plan?
We'd recommend getting on board with The 7 Day Exam Plan as far in advance of your exams as possible. The earlier you begin to deploy the routines and revision techniques during your day to day classes and study sessions the better. Students often find The 7 Day Exam Plan is a great way to get started for a new term at school or improve their study skills over a holiday period.
We only allow 35 students to take The 7 Day Exam Plan per month. This is so we can give every student the required time and attention they need to see improvement.
James Davey (founder of The Exam Coach) handles all follow up and external communications with students.
Here's our refund policy. We want you to know that we're a results orientated company, after all, we're in the business of coaching exam preparation and performance! Your results and positive experience during and after The 7 Day Exam Plan means everything to us.
WHAT DOES THE 7 DAY EXAM PLAN CONTAIN?
DAY 1: Planning - The Exam Coach Way
- Today you'll breakdown everything you need to know and distribute it over the time you have left until your exams in order to make the learning process manageable and achievable. You will also get clear on what results you want and how you're going to build a daily routine which is suited to your natural strengths so that you may achieve them.
DAY 2: Finding Motivation
- You'll learn to set up your environment so that you can draw motivation from it instead of be distracted by it. You will also but the Procrastination Prevention Programme to work and use your Smartphone as a force for good in terms of your exam goals.
DAY 3: Setting Yourself Up To Win
- Students often don't achieve the results they could potentially attain because they don't have the right tools to get the work done. Today we'll layout the key resources you need to gather together in order to learn the information you're going to be tested on. The work has been done for you. Message and email templates have been written out for you to drop your subjects into so that you can begin requesting the tools you need from your teachers and lecturers. Asking great questions in the upfront saves you time and effort later down the line.
DAY 4: Revising Like An A-Towner!
- Sample of Day 4 available here
- Password: learnonthemove
- Too many students are overwhelmed by not knowing which study skills and techniques to use. Often they spend more time figuring out how to study effectively instead of actually studying! The Exam Coach Way recommends only three techniques, each takes into account different ways of studying and each is intended to be as simple, fast and effective as possible.
DAY 5: Becoming An Elite Exam Taker
- Today is about viewing your exams on a totally different level. It's about treating them like a high performance sport. We focus on the small margins you can control which will give you the edge on exam day. Things like your sleep, what you eat and drink and how you're managing your social relationships all impact exam performance. Implementing routines which help you keep them all in check and only having a positive contribution to your final exam performance is crucial.
DAY 6: The Perfect Pre Exam Routine
- Sample of Day 6 available here
- Password: nostress123
- Routines build consistency. Over days 6 and 7, you're going to develop a solid set of routines to be used before, after and during your exams. This is how you're going to ensure consistently high performance each and every time you take an exam.
DAY 7: What To Do On Exam Day. Step By Step.
- Too many students take the risk of not having a solid exam routine. Often, they have put in all the hard work in the lead up to exam day. But for reasons such as pre exam nerves, difficulty concentrating, or just forgetting the basics of good exam technique, they do not achieve the results they were capable of. Having a step by step exam routine is the solve here. The Exam Coach Way provides you with that.
INTERESTED AND WANT TO KNOW MORE? ENTER YOUR DETAILS BELOW.
The information collected below is for internal company usage only. We just want to know how we can best help you with your exams this year and then have a number or an email address to reach out to in order to provide you with some helpful solutions. 👍
Key EXAM COACH Terminology - TUNE INTO 👻SNAPCHAT👻 FOR MORE
A Town = the end goal. It’s where you’re headed, what you’re working towards, it’s that top grade. Whether it’s a letter or a number you’re trying to hit - A Town is that.
The Road To A Town = this is the journey, the graft, the hustle. It’s a long and winding road with speed bumps, pot holes and unexpected turns. But you have to stay the course and persevere…That’s what separates an A Towner from everyone else. A Towners go the distance and do things other students are not willing to do in order to achieve success.
Cruising Speed = that feeling you get when everything is going to plan and you’re getting stuff done. It’s that power hour at the desk, a well executed daily routine, a cracking week where things go to plan…You get the idea.
Brain Fuel = the foods we need to help us perform and think at our highest level.
Liquid Thinking = water isn’t just water. It’s liquid thinking. Keep topped up and hydrated to sustain optimum performance.
🚌 Knows (say Coach knows) = it’s my way of saying I’ve been there and done it. I wouldn’t be telling you all of this stuff or helping students work through The 7 Day Exam Plan unless I had 100% confidence that it helps and improves their exam performance. All the things I recommend I’ve done myself, I don’t talk about what I don’t know, only what I do know. 🚌Knows. 😉
Power Sesh = a good revision session. The information is sinking in and staying there and you’re excited to get stuck into the next sesh.
20 Minute Stress Reliever = exercise. You need to get this done daily in order to relieve stress. It’s as simple as that. You don’t need to go running marathons everyday, but you do need to get a quick 20 minutes in daily.