7 Ways To Save Time On Your Smartphone
1. Have. A. Purpose.
2. Decide which notifications are worth your attention and which aren’t.
3. Change your notifications preferences to align with your priorities.
4. Figure out which app you want to give the right to your attention by having them on the home screen of your phone.
5. Have something there (a screensaver) to remind you of good smartphone habits.
6. There’s a whole bunch of apps you can use to restrict or track your smartphone usage. Use them!
7. Even better that tip 6. Sort out your mindset and how you think about the smartphone and investing your attention.
Smartphone and app time trackers:
Go to your profile > Select the hamburger icon in the top right corner > select your activity
You'll see the average time you spent on Instagram in the last week.
Select the hamburger icon in the bottom right corner > select your time on Facebook
You'll see the average time you spent on Facebook in the last week.
Tracking screen and app usage time on iPhone:
Go to Settings > Battery > Scroll down > Select the clock icon in the top right corner.
This will give you a full time and percentage usage of the apps on your phone over the last 24hrs.
Tracking screen and app usage time on Android:
Smartphone and website blockers:
Forest App - plant your tree, watch it grow by not closing the app!
Hold App - earn points for not using your phone. Trade points for rewards (like cinema tickets). 😉
Stay Focusd - multi purpose website blocker
Exam Coach screensavers